THE NIGHT OWLS
Cast On! Night Owls Members' Choice
A fresh take on art and music!
Thursday, September 1, 7:30-10 PM
Night Owls members: free / Athenaeum members: $5 / Nonmembers: $10
Space is limited. Reservations recommended.
Recommended for ages 21 to 40-something
Cast your vote as the Night Owls presents Cast On!: Members’ Choice. One of the best-loved events, Night Owls guests and members put their stamp on the Annual Juried Exhibition by voting for their favorite work of art from the popular exhibition featuring 44 works of art. Mix and mingle with the 32 local artists in the show while you enjoy Stone Brewing Co. beer, specialty cocktails, and bites. Listen to eclectic tunes as the Songstruck DJ Drew Peters entwines songs as varied and energizing as the art. Michelle Montjoy, an Oceanside artist who has exhibited in past Athenaeum shows, will bring her Creative Catalyst grant project River. Party-goers are invited to cast on at oversized tabletop looms and spend time knitting giant forms which will become part of an exhibition at Oceanside Museum of Art in March 2017. This social practice brings people together at a table to mark time in stitches, share stories, and laugh. Come to the Night Owls to become both juror and artist in a night of diverse art and music.
To RSVP call (858) 454-5872 or click the "Purchase Tickets" button and prepare for an awesome evening.
Join us at the library for a fun evening for art and music enthusiasts aged 21 to 40-something. Night Owls event can feature an art exhibition, live music by a local band, art, music, and dance demonstrations, a lecture, a group art project to inspire your creativity, raffle prizes, and much more! Want to get in FREE to all of our Night Owls events? Become a member of The Night Owls.
To join The Night Owls, CLICK HERE, or call us at (858) 454-5872.
Not into commitment? Attend a single event for $10 at the door.
As a member of the Athenaeum's Night Owls, you and a friend will enjoy free admission to four to six Night Owls events per year, in addition to all of the perks of an Athenaeum Individual Membership.
• Member discounts on over 150 events per year, including jazz, classical and new music concerts, lectures, and special events.
• Invitations to all art exhibition openings - about 8 per year.
• Member discounts on a vast array of art classes at the La Jolla and University Heights studios.
• Borrowing privileges to the Athenaeum's unique collection of art and music books, periodicals, CDs and DVDs.
• A subscription to the bi-monthly member newsletter so you'll be the first to know what's happening.
• The opportunity to vote on the Night Owls Members' Choice Award in the Athenaeum Annual Juried Exhibition.
...all for just $75!
The Night Owls committee is:
Angela Lynch, Maura Walters, Elena Childrey, Amber Sykes, Sami Tutone, Katie Walders, Drew Peters, Shelley Crutz, Maziar Moridani, Anna Haudenschild, Anthony Sabatini, Rebecca Bostwick, and Kiri Hagerman.
Thanks to our sponsors for supporting The Night Owls!