The Night Owls
Judge, Jury, and...Members' Choice
A fresh take on art and music!
Friday, August 23, 7:30–10 PM
Night Owls members: free / Athenaeum members: $10 / Nonmembers: $15
Space is limited. Reservations recommended.
Recommended for ages 21 to 40-something
In the art justice system, art is represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The artist who creates the art, and the viewers who judge the art. These are their artworks. *DUN DUN* View them with friends and art lovers at the Athenaeum Music & Arts Library as the Night Owls presents Judge, Jury, and…Members’ Choice. One of the best-loved events, Night Owls guests and members vote for their favorite artwork from the popular 28th Annual Juried Exhibition featuring 49 paintings, drawings, and sculpture. Mix and mingle with the 33 local artists while you enjoy drinks, bites, and eclectic music from the Songstruck DJ. Vote with your taste buds! Judge between beer, wine, or a specialty cocktail to drink. Munch on chips and guac from Puesto, flatbread from Whisknladle, and duck fat pretzel bites from Karl Strauss. Come to the Night Owls to become both juror and reveler in a festive night of diverse art and music.
Sponsored by Puesto and Whisknladle.
To RSVP call (858) 454-5872 or click the "Purchase Tickets" button and prepare for an awesome evening.
Join us at the library for a fun evening for art and music enthusiasts aged 21 to 40-something. Night Owls event can feature an art exhibition, live music by a local band, art, music, and dance demonstrations, a lecture, a group art project to inspire your creativity, raffle prizes, and much more! Want to get in FREE to all of our Night Owls events? Become a member of The Night Owls.
To join The Night Owls, CLICK HERE, or call us at (858) 454-5872.
Not into commitment? Attend a single event for $15 at the door.
As a member of the Athenaeum's Night Owls, you and a friend will enjoy free admission to four to six Night Owls events per year, in addition to all of the perks of an Athenaeum Individual Membership.
• Member discounts on over 150 events per year, including jazz, classical and new music concerts, lectures, and special events.
• Invitations to all art exhibition openings - about 8 per year.
• Member discounts on a vast array of art classes at the La Jolla and University Heights studios.
• Borrowing privileges to the Athenaeum's unique collection of art and music books, periodicals, CDs and DVDs.
• A subscription to the bi-monthly member newsletter so you'll be the first to know what's happening.
• The opportunity to vote on the Night Owls Members' Choice Award in the Athenaeum Annual Juried Exhibition.
...all for just $75!
The Night Owls committee is:
Angela Lynch, Maura Walters, Lidia Rossner, Sarah Strand, Amber Sykes, Sami Tutone, Katie Walders, Drew Peters, Shelley Crutz, Maziar Moridani, Anna Haudenschild, Anthony Sabatini, Rebecca Bostwick, and Kiri Hagerman.
Thanks to our sponsors for supporting The Night Owls!