School of the Arts Manager
20 hours a week, salary, plus selected benefits.
The Athenaeum Music & Arts Library, a historic, unique, non-profit cultural institution in La Jolla, seeks a School of the Arts Manager by mid-April.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the non-accredited School of the Arts at two studio locations, in La Jolla and at the Athenaeum Art Center in Logan Heights. Both schools have been in operation for 30 and 20 years respectively, have a great faculty and a loyal following.
• Faculty development, hiring of new faculty, contracts and compensations.
• Curriculum, scheduling classes, workshops and summer programs.
• Overseeing classroom maintenance, purchasing new equipment as necessary
• Production of quarterly school brochure
• Interaction with and registration of students
• Organizing and installing of annual student art show
• Working with Executive Director on annual budget
Degree in art, art history, or art education preferred but not mandatory. Several years of museum or art education experience preferred. Occasional evening or week-end working hours.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Erika Torri, Joan & Irwin Jacobs Executive Director, 1008 Wall Street, La Jolla, CA 92037 or email@example.com
We are always on the lookout for volunteers! If you are interested in volunteering, please download and fill out the Volunteer Application Form or stop by the Athenaeum at 1008 Wall Street, La Jolla, CA 92037 during normal library hours to pick up an application.